Saturday, June 15, 2013

Just to go somewhere...

I guess most of us just need to get out of the house sometimes, and without any particular place to go...just drive and see what comes around the bend.
I have spent most of my life traveling, in one fashion or another. I drove a truck  for more than 40 years and have traveled the world, with the US military...and without their help. I have seen so much and met so many new and different people but it never seems to be enough. No doubt, some of us are by nature, wanderers, and like water, we need to keep moving or become stagnant and die.
When I  leave the house and venture out I try to leave everyday worries behind. I'll deal with them when(and IF) I come back. Believe me, there have been times when I , seriously, did not want to go back to the same old routine. Just keep driving and see new things. Anything different from a stationary existence that is definitely not me. I have been told that this might be considered irresponsible but do we really own anyone an explanation as to why we are, the way we are? I think to really be free we have to go  with our gut feeling sometimes and be true to ourselves.
Besides...it's only a drive in the country...Or is it???

1 comment:

  1. I agree. We will understand the meaning of freedom when we follow and do what our heart desires. Some may call it being irresponsible but who can truly say one has control over things that are meant to happen? No matter how one prepares for the future...things happen unexpectedly.

    I like your write-ups. I can surely relate to honest and real stuffs. Keep u the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know...