Tuesday, August 6, 2013

End Of The Line...

Everyone has their stories, their memories of days gone by. Times, when life was at such a high pitch, then it all came to an end. That's our existence, but that's just the way it is... unfortunately!  I guess we can say that  for all things. They come and they go. They serve their purpose, then it's over.
 Walking in our local park the other day, I stood looking at the old locomotive; just sitting there; looking so forlorn and lost. It made it last run long ago, but one can only imagine the days and nights it raced back and forth, doing what it was designed for. The hot fires in the boiler, the massive amounts of smoke that billowed from it's stack...
I bet, IF it could talk, it would have lots of tales to tell; of the many people it carried to their destinations; Most ordinary, but maybe some famous,  EVEN some infamous, outlaws. During this train's time, it was still the wild west(as it was called)... Who knows for sure? Now, it's work is done, but still I have to wonder(crazy me) if trains have ghosts? If so, I'm sure somewhere this old giant, fire  roaring in it's boiler, the engineer with his hand on the throttle, is burning up the line. Out across the open desert, it's whistle screaming at every crossing...Going somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know...